There is an ongoing need for certain items at the hospital. All materials should be appropriate for a general pediatric population. References to illnesses should only be positive. If there are any questions about what items are acceptable, please contact Volunteer Services Main Campus at 832-824-2257. Advance notice is appreciated. View a full list of items, but the following are a few suggestions:
- New books, magazines, playing cards, puzzles, board games and inexpensive toys for various age groups.
- Items a hospitalized child may enjoy doing in their room, unsupervised. No toy guns, remote controlled cars/planes, large toy sets etc
- Care kits including: toothbrush/toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, soap, disposable razors/shaving cream, comb/hairbrush, and lotion.
- Coloring books and crayons. Crayons must be non-toxic. Crayola brand is preferred.
- No religious references for holidays -- for example, use bunnies or eggs for Easter. Please deliver holiday items a week before the holiday in order to provide adequate time to share items with our patients.
- Coloring sheets and tray mats should be 8 1/2 x 11" bond paper of any color. No markers, buttons, ribbon, glitter on tray mats. Crayons may be used. Lamination is acceptable, but not necessary. The patients prefer something interactive such as a crossword puzzle, dot-to-dot or trivia game. Written messages should be of an up-beat nature such as "hope this brings a smile to your day". No "get well" or messages with a religious theme. We prefer a large number of these at once (100+).
- Craft packets that include pre-made craft supplies that patients can work on in their rooms. Examples include activty booklets, door hangers, nametags, or small crafts patients can complete in their rooms unsupervised.
- Decorated pillowcases to brighten hospital rooms- tie-dye, fabric paint.
- Homemade blankets and quilts.
- All items must be new for infection control purposes.
Donations may be dropped off at the Main Campus, West Campus and The Woodlands.
Main Campus Volunteer Services Office, 6621 Fannin Street Suite A125, Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM and Saturdays and Sundays 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM. If you must bring donations at another time, please call 832-824-2257 to see if other arrangements can be made.
West Campus Volunteer Services Office, 18200 Katy Freeway, Donation Information
The Woodlands Volunteer Services Office, 17600 IH 45 South, The Woodlands, TX 77384, Monday - Friday 8:00 AM -5:00 PM.
Wondering what to do with your used car or truck? Donating your old vehicle to Texas Children's Hospital is convenient, easy and may qualify you for a charitable income tax deduction, while helping Texas Children's Hospital heal sick children.
- Any car, truck, RV or boat can be donated
- It need not be running
- Your gift may be more attractive than a low trade-in value or high repairs
- Free pickup, including towing, is provided
- Your contribution is tax-deductible and a gift receipt will be provided
Call 866-628-CARS (866-628-2277) or complete our simple online donation form at https://www.vehiclesforcharity.org/charities and we'll take care of the rest.
Thank you for your generosity to Texas Children's Hospital.